Harris Building Design Services is committed to environmentally sustainable design (ESD) and uses GreenSmart principles in their design concepts.
Why choose a GreenSmart professional?
GreenSmart Professionals are nationally accredited under the Housing Industry Associations GreenSmart program and are committed to the GreenSmart Code of Practice.
As an accredited GreenSmart Professional, we focus on a number key elements during the design phase –
- Improvement in water and energy efficiency
- Providing a healthier home for occupants
- Improving waste management on the site
A home designed around GreenSmart principles will ‐
- Naturally be cooler in summer and warmer in winter, thus
- Require considerably less heating and cooling
- Allow you the enjoyment of more natural ventilation
- Have lower running costs, including lower water bills
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and therefore be more environmentally friendly
In a nutshell, a GreenSmart home design will not only be more environmentally friendly, but will be ‐
- More efficient and economical to run
- Healthier and more comfortable
- High quality and cutting edge design
Harris Building Design Services conforms with all statutory bodies design requirements.
The Building Sustainability Index (BASIX), ensures homes are designed to use less potable water and be responsible for fewer greenhouse gas emissions by setting energy and water